‘Molly and Pim is wild, whimsical and wonderful. It makes you fall in love with the world and everyone in it.’ Sally Rippin
‘Open-hearted and magical—an utter delight.’ Rebecca Stead
‘A beautiful magical story, full of surprises and brimming with wisdom.’ Karen Foxlee
Martine Murray’s writing is majestical and sophisticated…this book has a sense of wonder about it.’ Books & Publishing
All other books available from Allen and Unwin
Also available from Amazon
How to make a bird.
Mannie is escaping – from small town life, from family mysteries, from grief, from her fragile former self; she’s heading for the city in search of an elusive ‘something’ to make herself feel right. A YA novel of rare sensitivity, whimsical humour and revelation. Winner Queensland Literary Award.
The slightly true story of Cedar B Hartley
A funny, tender and wise story about nearly-13-year-old Cedar B. Hartley – ‘exasperating and potentially infamous’ – who loses her dog, finds a new friend, becomes an acrobat, and learns some bitter-sweet truths about family, community and herself. A captivating debut novel by a distinctive new writer. Shortlisted CBC award, Victorian and NSW Premier’s Award. Listed in White Ravens international list of outstanding children’s book.
The slightly bruised glory of Cedar B Hartley
The second touching chapter in the life of Cedar B. Hartley, who plans to be infamous. Cedar’s world turns upside down when her almost-boyfriend, Kite, moves to Albury to join a professional circus. Cedar B. Hartley – the original, irrepressible, and potentially infamous – is pulled between a glamorous high-flying dream and her own circus of friends, in this funny, wise, exhilarating story. Winner of Queensland Premier’s Award.
The Henrietta series is available through Allen and Unwin.
- I’m Henrietta P. Hoppenbeek the First. I have a baby brother, two white mice, a chocolate-coloured dog, a woolly mammoth, two long green socks with toes, one pickle-eating best friend, a bathtub for sailing in, and definitely a huge HUGE amount of discoveries to discover… And if anyone tells you I make things up, you better believe it. Henrietta
- Hello everybody, it’s me, Henrietta (future Queen of the Wide Wide Long Cool Coast of the Lost Socks), and my brother Albert, who dribbles and dribbles (but he can’t help it), and my best friend Olive Higgie (who has been known to eat pickles). And we’ve got an EMERGENCY DILEMMA to attend to. We absolutely have to find a home for the Rietta because it’s lost and its spots are fading…
- The third fabulous Henrietta story. When Henrietta sets a trap for ‘something’ under her bed, she finds a teeny tiny person with wings. It’s Mabel May Hissop, a fairy with boyfriend trouble. With Mabel’s special silver key and an invitation to the Big Bunch of Small Creatures Ball, Henrietta opens the door to a very sparkly adventure.
- This irresistible storybook, full of Henrietta’s funny thoughts and adventures, is an appealing small hardback with whimsical two-colour illustrations throughout. It’s perfect for young children (4-8), and anyone else with a curly imagination.
- Funky, charming and full of adventure, this story about the inimitable Henrietta is perfect for young children and anyone else with a curly imagination. In an appealing small hardback format, illustrated throughout.
Children’s Picture Books available at Allen and Unwin.
- Mannie is going on an adventure. She’s taking her favourite elephant Lilliput and her doll Strawberry Luca. And she hasn’t forgotten her special box of secret things, just in case the adventure gets adventurous… A magical story that celebrates friendship, courage and the wonder of a child’s imagination. Short listed PrimeMinisters Award.
- A gloriously intriguing, unusual book about the magic of night, the wonder of each new day, and the joy of true and special friends.